Follow Me On Other Social Media!

8.21.2014

My August Prayer

It's here. The time of the year that our church works fervently to reach campus and incoming freshman for the sake of the Gospel.

For those of you who don't know a lot about the ministry I am involved in, here it goes. The Rock is a college ministry working to reach unbelievers and the unchurched on campus. Different from most college ministries though, we actually do have our own Sunday church service. We are a church and a ministry all in one.

Because graduation happens every May, as a college ministry we are essentially working to replace (at least) a fourth of our members every school year. We are working hard to get new people involved all the time because we have to in order to even have a congregation and community. It is hard work, but the people of our church learn an incredible amount from this outreach. Disciples of the Lord are being created every year as we put college students (like me) in situations to practically learn what evangelism and outreach looks like. It's hard. It's awesome. But most of all, it's worth it and as followers of Christ, it is what we are called to do.


And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-20


From the day I arrived on campus two years ago, I have felt so at home at The Rock. I feel loved by the people there. I feel loved by Jesus there. I pray that others can experience that same thing at The Rock as we kick off the new school year. I pray that He is using the people of our ministry to reach the campus so that His name may be known and understood. I pray that we can willingly and joyfully obey the command that He has given us, not for our own glory, but for His. Most of all, I pray that people will be saved and come to know Jesus in a new and beautiful way.

I don't normally do this on my blog, but today I am asking that you will join me in this prayer. Please be praying for my community and Mizzou's campus as we work to build Christ's community.

I love you guys, and I wish you all the best of falls. Enjoy the hot weather while it lasts! It will be over before we know it.




Love,
Anna