Follow Me On Other Social Media!

1.09.2013

In memory of Granny Ruth

I woke up this morning to the news of my Great-Grandmother (Granny Ruth)'s passing. We have been expecting it for a little while now, but her passing still brings sadness, nevertheless. At 92, she lived a very long, mostly healthy life. Granny Ruth saw and experienced things in those 92 years that I could never even imagine. She lived through the depression, raised three children who have been by her side at all times these past few days, made several places to call home over the years, and so much more. She lived all these years and did all these things while never even getting behind the wheel of a car, well, legally anyways. She told me a story once that led me to believe otherwise, but she never did have a driver's license. Like I said, I can't even imagine.

In the time that I knew Granny Ruth, I know she loved many things. She loved her children, her nine grandchildren, her many great-grandchildren that can't be counted on my hands and feet, stealing cookies from the cookie jar, Lucy the Chihuahua, daytime television, watching me "run over those hills!" as she would say, and much much more. 

Although her passing brings sadness, I know in my heart that Granny Ruth lived a long life and is now with her Savior in Heaven visiting with Grandpa Bill, 8 of 10 of her siblings, and her great-grandson, my cousin Hayden.

Here are some photos in her memory:

Great Granny Ruth with Uncle Paul, Uncle Dwain, and my Granny (Jean).
Lucy.
Four generations.
Easter.

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself."
Philippians 3:20-21