Follow Me On Other Social Media!

3.14.2013

Feeling Passionate.

Right now my head is wondering how I am even going to formulate my thoughts on where to start.

(5 minutes later)

I'll start here.
Last week, I got an email back from the YMCA in Colorado. When I originally applied for jobs there for the summer I had no intention of getting my first choice at the Craft Shop. I had heard that it was pretty hard to get a job there, especially if you don't apply super early. However, I got an email back last week telling me that I got it! Not only that, but I will be working there with three other girls from The Rock, which is basically unheard of. I was, and still am, beyond excited. There was one kicker, of course. Because I got that job, I will be leaving for Colorado earlier than anticipated. I finish my last final on May 16th and start work in Estes Park on May 20th. That's CRAZY, but I can't give up my whole summer just because I was hoping to have a little more time at home. Still though, boo. Just kidding, I am so blessed and so fortunate to have this opportunity. Really.

The next thing.
School. More than ever, I have been feeling so interested in learning. I know, it's weird. Don't get me wrong, I do not enjoy all of my classes, but my history and education classes in particular... I wish I just went to those all the time. It is so reassuring to feel this way though. I am quickly becoming very passionate about teaching and about education. I never expected that to happen. Now, that being said, I may decide that I don't want to teach for my entire life. Maybe administration, counseling, ministry? or something crazy like that could still happen. In fact, I would say that my options are really, well, open. I'm just leaving it up to God and following His plan for my present. And I'm pretty sure I'm hearing Him clearly. 

And another.
Okay, so speaking of history. If you have not seen my most recent facebook status I urge you to take a peak. (Here's the link). I have no idea why I got so excited about Dr. Loewen's talk, but I really did. It is a shame that such things took place in America's history, and really still take place today. BUT, I think it is our duty as citizens today to own up to our mistakes, acknowledge them, and make improvements for our future. Some people think it is better not to bring such issues up at all, but I must say that I disagree. I think it is important. Then again, I love history, so my opinion may be slightly biased. 

This week has been crazy. Little sleep. Paper writing. Test studying. Meetings with God. Etc, etc. I would not have it any other way though. Who needs sleep anyways when you have COFFEE? (And a permanently burnt tongue). I have a really bad habit of trying to drink my coffee and tea before it has cooled enough to drink. Oops.



St. Patrick's Day and a Cotton House Party this weekend. One more busy week of school. Then spring break. That's a nice line up right there if I do say so myself. 

P.S. This video is hilarious. And so true. I love my life, haha. Have a good sense of humor.